The Department of English, Linguistics/TESOL Program at Central Connecticut State University is pleased to announce the 12th Workshop on Altaic Formal Linguistics, to be held from May 12 to May 15, 2016. As a special feature, we are hosting a one-day session on sign languages in the regions of spoken Altaic Languages.
- Mark Baker (Rutgers University)
- Satoshi Tomioka (University of Delaware)
- Yoonjung Kang (University of Toronto)
2nd Call for Papers:
Abstracts are invited for 20-minute talks (plus 10-minute discussions) and for posters on topics dealing with formal aspects of any area of theoretical Altaic linguistics, including phonology, morphology, syntax, semantics, pragmatics. Additionally, abstracts covering any area of theoretical linguistics of sign languages in the regions of spoken Altaic languages are welcome. We are using Easy Abstracts at the LINGUIST List for the submission and the blind review process.
The address for abstract submission is: http://linguistlist.org/easyabs/WAFL12
Authors are invited to submit anonymous abstracts to any of the following sessions:
- General session: May 13-15
- Special session on sign languages in the regions of spoken Altaic languages: May 12
- Poster session: TBA
Authors should indicate what session they are submitting an abstract to. Abstracts should be a maximum of one page in length excluding references and examples, in 12-point Times New Roman, with margins of at least 2.5 cm/1 inch. There is a maximum of two abstracts per person, one of which must be co-authored.
- Deadline for submission: November 30, 2015, 11:59pm EST
- Notification of acceptance: January 31, 2016