WSCLA 18 -- abstract deadline extended by one week
The 18th Workshop on Structure and Constituency in Language of the Americas (WSCLA 18) will take place at the University of California, Berkeley on April 5-7, 2013.
New abstract submission deadline: Monday, January 21, 2013
The central objective of this workshop is to bring together linguists who are engaged in research on the analytic study of the Aboriginal languages of the Americas so that they may exchange ideas across theories, language families, generations of scholars, and, importantly, across the academic and non-academic communities that are involved in language maintenance and
The following invited speakers have been confirmed:
- Judith Aissen (UC Santa Cruz)
- Ewa Czaykowska-Higgins (University of Victoria)
- Monica Macaulay (Wisconsin)
- B'alam Mateo Toledo (CIESAS)
- Joyce McDonough (Rochester)
- Andrés Salanova (Ottawa)
- Maziar Toosarvandani (MIT)
- Lorna Williams (University of Victoria)
Abstracts are invited for papers in any area of formal linguistics (including phonetics, phonology, morphology, syntax, semantics, and pragmatics) within any theoretical framework. We welcome papers that address diachronic, sociolinguistic, or applied topics from a formal perspective, and we are especially interested in papers seeking to relate the interests of formal linguists and the concerns of indigenous communities.
Abstract submission guidelines:
- Abstracts must be submitted in PDF format with the filename PaperTitle.pdf (where PaperTitle is the title or a clear abbreviated version of it. No punctuation or spaces.)
- Abstracts must be anonymous. Author name(s) must not appear on the abstract or file name. In addition, be sure to remove any author name in the document properties of the PDF file.
- Abstracts must not exceed 2 pages in length including references and examples
- Minimum 12pt font size, 1 inch margins
Abstracts should be sent as a PDF attachment to:
Abstract submission deadline: January 21, 2013
Contact info: email@example.com
For further information, please see the conference website: